Monday, October 24, 2011

Scar stories

Most people have scars, wether it be from falling or getting a cut. Most people have a story to go with their scars. My scar stories are just a little different. I have scars on my neck, my arms, and my chest, from the pokes and surgeries. The one on my chest is my largest scar. This scar is the one I am most uncomfortable with, it is big and if I wear a lower cut shirt you can see it, this does not make it easy for a fourteen almost fifteen year old girl whos in highschool, to pick out clothes. People always ask me what happened (if i got burned, or if i got cut, etc.) Depending on my mood, depends if I tell them or not. Its not that im not proud of my cancer and being a survivor, its just it takes long to explain. If I don't feel like explaining i just say I fell off my bike. If I do explain to people what happened they usually end up crying or are on the verge of tears:). When I look at my scars i feel honored to have these scars on me. I mean how many people get asked about their scars and can tell people that they survived cancer? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment