Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In the Beginning

When my parents heard the news that i had cancer, they were in utter disbelief. They could not believe their 3 year old daughter had cancer. To make this time even more stressfull my little sister was a year old. The day I was dignosed my mom took me to my pediatricians because i had been not acting right, had not been eating and had many bruises. The doctor took blood and sent it too the lab. My mom got a call on the way home after leaving the doctors, it was my padiatrician telling my mom to get me to UMC asap. My mom was shocked because she was not expecting a phone call like this. She immedtely called my dad and told him the news. She went home real quick grab some things and we were off to the hospital. My family was all there grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. The doctors tan many tests and took many blood samples. The hardest thing for my mom was waiting for the results of all the blood work and tests. My mom told me that she will neer forget that moment when the doctor told her i had cancer. The next day i was in surgery having a port put in. After the port was put in then the chemo started and it went on for 2.5 years. I lost most of my hair but it was nice i didn't have to worry about the way i looked because i was so young. I took the cancer day by day and now today i am a survivor! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment