Friday, October 28, 2011

The after affects

The cancer may be gone but the after affects are just appearing. In 2009 I was having severe neck pain and this went on for a couple of weeks. My mom took me to the doctor and they ran a bunch of tests, I had a MRI done and a bunch of blood work taken. I had spinal tap done that showed my bone marrow did not look right. My doctors had thought my cancer had come back. While all this was going on i was missing a lot of school. I ended up missing close to three and a half weeks of school. One of my doctors eventually sent me to a physical thearpist that did a ultrasound on my neck and found that something was very wrong. Thats when we found out my neck was broken. I had physical thearpy and wore a neck brace for two weeks. I was sent to a neurologist at phoenix childrens hospital and he was the one who said i needed a neck brace. My mom feels bad for the guy at the hanger place because it had been a long day and i was not in a good mood I did not want to cooperate and was just upset. I wore the neck brace 24/7 for two weeks and only took it off to take a shower. To this day i still have problems with my neck. I get really bad stiff necks and I can not really perform in physical activity in school, to make sure that I do not break my neck again. I recently went to the doctor and we found out that i am one day going to have arthritus in my neck and the c2 vertabrea and c3 vertabrea will eventually be fused together. I get massages every three weeks to help relax my muscles in my neck. Everyday I still have pain in my neck but i keep on going and do my best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment